Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Summer Holiday Essentials.


Ok, so I am a little late on this post but I thought better late then never. I have a holiday coming up in a few weeks and whilst the sun is still shining here in the UK (kind of), I thought I would let you in on some of my new and some of my favourite must have products for Summer trips away.

First of all I am going to talk about sunscreen and this year will see me try beauty editor and celeb favourite brand Institut Esthederm. For the body I will be packing the Institut Esthederm Adaptasun tanning body lotion* (£43) and for the face I also have the Adaptasun Sensitive skin tanning face cream* (£32). This range works very differently to your average suncare product as it works with UV InCellium Technology, which is supposed to encourage skin to adapt and protect itself against the sun. After a day in the sun, it is so important to keep skin hydrated and so I am sticking with Institut Esthederm and have their Refreshing After-Sun Fondant* (£38) for the body and the After-Sun Repair for the face (£38). These are cult products after all so I have very high expectations, I will let you all know how I get on!

Whilst in the heat it is also important to not forget to protect your hair as chlorine, sea and sun can be very damaging and drying. I have very dry hair already so in order to try and not damage it further I will be spritzing the Phyto Phytoplage Protective Sun Veil* (£13), which can be used on dry or damp hair before and during sun exposure. I have used lots of Phyto products before, which I have got on really well with and what I love the most is that they contain no silicones or parabens or any other chemical nasties. The difference I have noticed in my hair since trying to cut out silicone based products  is incredible and it is something I recommend you all consider if you want to know more read on here

On to the face and when I am away and in the heat especially, I cannot me without my Bioderma Micellar Water. I recently picked up the travel size bottle from the Zen pharmacy on Carnaby Street London and wow am I happy this is now easier to get hold of. I use this to remove makeup and also to refresh my face in the morning and/or after a shower. It is very gentle and soothing on the skin and is pretty amazing at removing eye makeup in particular. When it comes to makeup, whilst in a hot climate I like to keep thinks simple and natural looking, so I have chosen what I think are three key products. Firstly is the super affordable NYC Big Bold Bronzing Powder* (£3.99) in the shade Manha Tan along with the Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush (£7.99) in the colour Pinched, a lovely peachy pink colour that is ideal for giving a natural glow to the cheeks. Finally for lips, I have chosen this Marks and Spencer's Autograph Ultra Shine Twist Up Lip Colour* (£9.50) in the shade Sugar Pink. It works as a lipstick, balm and gloss in one and I think these are perfect for summer as they don't melt like perhaps a lipstick would and aren't sticky like some glosses are either.

So sure there will be a few more additions to this mix but I certainly will not be heading to the airport without any of these in my luggage. Let me know what your holiday essentials are and if you have any recommendations.


                  Follow me on Twitter and  Bloglovin' :) x

*PR Sample


1 comment:

  1. Oooh love the sound of the Phyto product and I would love to try the sun products but they are way out of my price range, unfortunately :-)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete