Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

St Tropez Dark Tanning Mousse


St Tropez tanning products were the first self tanning products I ever used many years ago. It's become a brand I feel that I can always trust, so when I recently tried out the St Tropez Dark Tanning Mousse*, I was very excited. 


After a very cold Winter, my skin has never seemed so pale and almost ghost-like, so this product was exactly what I needed. I started off by prepping the skin with the St Tropez Body Polish*, which I think is an essential step when fake tanning and this did the job nicely. I then went on to applying the tan, I always find that mousse applications are usually my favourite type of self tan as I find the application to be simple and easy. 

My only concern whilst applying the tan however, was the colour. It was coming out as a brown/green shade which was quite worrying. I quickly looked online to see if this had happened to anyone else and the St Tropez site itself said that this was likely to happen as the product adapts to your skin tone. Phew... I was still reluctant to apply lots of product just incase, so I applied a thin layer and then kept it on overnight. 

On waking, I was very pleased with the results. I was not perhaps as dark as I anticipated but I certainly  was not green. The colour was a nice golden colour and in fact quite subtle, which was ideal considering how pale I was to begin with. Anything darker may have been too drastic. Now that I know the green shade on first application of the product is nothing to worry about, next time I will probably apply a bit more and see if I achieve a darker tan. I expect everyone will get a slightly different colour with this product as it adapts to your own skin tone but it's great to know that it does work on all skin tones.

The tan lasted me around a week, I moisturised daily with the St Tropez Body Moisturiser* to keep the skin hydrated and as the tan did fade, I found it did so evenly without leaving any patches or uneven looking skin tone.

Have you tried any of these products from the St Tropez range? 
Let me know in the comments below and be sure to check them out online here at Littlewoods

*PR Sample

No comments:

Post a Comment