Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Best Fake Tan... Ever?


After living in Spain for a year, I thought my fake tanning days were behind me. I had broken old habits and ditched my usual fake tanning ritual to quite simply allow my skin to breathe. However, on returning to the UK *sighs*, my 'fake tan free' days were coming to an end. I wasn't looking forward to reverting back to such a high-maintance regime and using products which are typically filled with all sorts of chemicals. So, in a bid to find a product which wasn't filled with chemical nasties; I got my beauty-geek glasses on and came across the Vita Liberata pHenomenal Tan, which now, in my eyes is quite possibly the 'best fake tan ever'.

I was instantly captured by the Vita Liberata pHenomenal range, it contains natural extracts such as silk proteins, seaweed and yang yang and no toxic ingredients (no alcohol, perfume or paragons). It also has a unique moisture lock system which enhances the skin's ability to maintain the perfect moisture balance meaning that not only is it moisturising and nourishing but you're also ensured an even fade. If that isn't enough for you, well, the great thing about the pHenomenal tan range is that it lasts 2 – 3 weeks. This is due to the fact that it incorporates a new technology (pHeno2) which basically works alongside traditional tanning ingredients so that it takes to the skin in a way regular self tans can’t. If the technology side of things does not interest you as much, well; you may be more interested to hear that The Saturday’s, One Direction and Michelle Keegan are all users of Vita Liberata products too... Well if it's good enough for them.


You can choose from light, medium or dark and although the little voices inside my head were screaming to go for the darkest shade, I opted for medium. I thought the medium shade would be a more natural colour on my skin-tone and a good way to ease myself back into fake tanning. I also thought it would be a better indication for you guys to decide whether you would need the same shade as me or the shade lighter or darker. It goes on very lightly giving a slight colour which then develops within a couple of hours and it has given me a complete natural sun-kissed glow, ideal for day to day. I'm naturally quite fair, although I have dark features and do tan well. In all honestly, I am very pleased with the results from the medium shade and so I would probably only consider the darkest shade for a special occasion where a really deep bronze colour was desired.


What I have really enjoyed in particular is that this product is so moisturising and nourishing, it is also so easy to apply and it blends beautifully into the skin- without leaving any streaks! It fades evenly which is probably the main reason as to why I love it so much as it means that there is no need to scrub any stubborn patches of fake tan for hours and let's face it; we've all been there...


The pHenomenal Tanning Mousse is £37.50 with a free Mitt and although it is rather on the pricier side, you certainly get what you pay for. It is said to work on all skin types and tones, including sensitive skin. Vita Liberata state that 1 application of Vita Liberata pHenomenal will last around 7 days, 2 applications 10 + days and 3 applications 2-3 weeks.  

So what do you think? Do you agree and think I may have just found the best fake tan available on the market today? - I think so!


- If you want more information check out the Vita Liberata website http://www.vitaliberata.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment