Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder


Everyone always seems to have a rather strong opinion when it comes to the world of mineral make up, 
having never branched out into the world of mineral foundation myself (even though tempted on many occasions), a recent trip to Liberty resulted in a huge splurge on a few Laura Mercier products- one of which was of course the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF15.

Opting for the colour natural beige, there are 8 shades in total to choose from; not the largest selection available but many people do seem to find one which does suit their skin tone. 

This product is not strictly described as a foundation and can be used as a setting powder but for now let's discuss the foundation like qualities. The common concerns regarding mineral foundations in general have always been if it will give enough coverage, will it look cakey and will it be easy to apply...

Firstly, it gives a medium but certainly build-able coverage; applied with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush seems to be very effective method however, concealer is definitely still needed especially if you have any blemishes. Next of all contrary to the 'cakey' speculation, in actual fact this particular mineral powder gives the skin a real glow and a surprisingly dewy look and finally it is very easy to apply and blends well onto the skin.

I have certainly enjoyed using this product so far but my only criticism is that if you are on the go it does not seem to be that incredibly long lasting and touch-ups definitely seem needed. Next week I will be testing it out as a powder used with liquid foundation so I will keep you all posted!

Let me know what you think; is mineral foundation your thing or are you still yet to try?



3 comments:

  1. This is one of setting powder that i have been wishing to try and have. I heard a lot of raves towards it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious about this for a while now, the fact that you say the wear time isn't great kind of puts me off since I have oily skin and want my make-up to last. Thanks for the review :)

    http://helenrambleson.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for a Liebster blog award!!

    http://www.betsyboat.com/2012/08/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete