Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Truth on MAC Mascaras?

I could not tell you why MAC mascaras seem to have such bad conotations surrounding them but undoubtedly it seems that these negative opinions are common knowledge to many. It does comes as a surprise considering how MAC is renowned for making some on the best beauty products in the industry; their lipsticks, eyeshadows and blushers are all amazing and that's only to name a few.

Due to these 'rumors' I have never actually purchased a MAC mascara myself and instead I usually opt for mascaras from Bourjois, Rimmel or Lancome, as I can always rely on these brands for a good quality mascara. However, this weekend I actually tried the MAC False Lash effect mascara for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised. I usually like my mascara to add length to my lashes more then anything and I really feel that this product did just that, without them going clumpy etc.

I have inserted a picture below and although I am not sure if the photo quality does the product justice, I do think it worked really well as it certainly made my lashes appear much longer.
In all honesty, I would not say that it had a dramatic effect on my lashes that perhaps many would desire, especially for  evening make-up looks but I would say that it's ideal for a natural daytime look.

Let me know your thoughts if you like/dislike MAC mascaras or which others do you use?



2 comments:

  1. I have never tried a mascara by MAC despite half the entire range :-) I never hear about them really which is probably why I don't go to them. I think with mascaras you can get just as good if not better on the high street for a fraction of the price :-)

    Becky
    Becky’s Makeup and Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree you can find some great mascaras at a reasonable price! But I thought this one was actually quite good, I had heard lots of negative things about them in the past and didn't actually think it was that bad! Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete